Admission exams procedure for the academic year 2021-22
The auditions for academic year 2021-22 will take place EXCLUSIVELY “Online”.
The procedures are as follows:
- candidates must produce video recordings of the admission program (see ALLEGATO A) or any other kind of documents that may be required (e.g. their own original compositions);
- for exams that include written tests, the theme will be sent by email in a .pdf file: the written test will start 30 minutes after the theme has been sent and the completed homework must be returned as a pdf file as communicated on the accompanying message, attaching a photocopy of a valid ID document;
- it is mandatory to present the complete program in all its points, except for extemporaneous tests (sight-reading, declamation of the Italian text, scales, arpeggios, motivational interview, etc.), which will take place during an online video-conference, as indicated by each program;
- each piece of the program will be a single video track, separate and independent from the other tracks and well identified with the candidate’s full name, the title of the track, the production date of the video, the name of any accompanist or vocal / instrumental group; these videos must begin with the candidate clearly saying his/her full name and showing to the camera a valid ID document (e. g. your passport);
- the video frame ought to allow the jury to see the candidate’s whole figure and during the performance the use of the music stand should not hide his/her face;
- video conferences will always begin with the presentation of a valid document of the candidate;
- all music pieces must be performed thoroughfully and without any kind of “post-production” editing; “traditional” cuts of repeats are allowed (especially in the operatic repertoire);
- candidates are required to upload the video recordings on the most accessible sharing platforms (e.g. YouTube) or on their personal website (exclusively in .avi or .mp4 format), and the complete links must be sent by 27 August 2021 at 22.00 Italian local time at the latest; videos should remain visible until at least September 25, 2021; IMPORTANT: any access password to video links must be indicated if the candidate wishes to limit their public dissemination; the rules on the protection of privacy apply to underage candidates and, in this case, a parent must put his/her signature;
- it is also possible to submit videos recorded during public concerts as long as the music pieces correspond exactly to what is required, the figure of the candidate is clearly visible during the performance; the candidate will declare the recording date of the video;
- candidates are asked to attend a video conference in the form of an interview with the commission on a specific date and time; they will need a web connection with the “ZOOM” or similar application; the invitation link is to be found on the attached calendar with the relative authorization password; the general interview will focus on technical and interpretative problems relating to the program presented for the admission test; in case of underage candidates, the presence of one of the parents at the videoconference will be necessary; it will always be necessary for the candidate (and the parent for minors) to present a valid identity document to the jury;
- during the interview, the candidate may be required to take extemporaneous tests of various types (e.g. sight-reading) if required by the admission program of each course; candidates may be asked to provide a curriculum vitae in pdf format if it has not been attached to the application for admission; the candidate will need to have available anything necessary for the correct conduct of the interview and any sight-reading tests, for example her/his musical instrument and / or a digital medium for reading the pieces selected by the jury and sent in real time;
- if the video is incomplete or difficult to play, the student cannot be fully evaluated and the jury may decide to exclude her/him from the examination: it is advisable to pay particular attention to the quality of the sound; if the required video recordings links must be sent not later than August 27 2021 at 10pm: not sending the required links will exclude the candidate from the admission exam; if the program of recordings or compositions is incomplete or the written tests are not correctly carried out, the candidate will be excluded from the entrance exam;
After submitting the application form according to schedule (15 July to August 23) Applicants must send the ATTACHMENT A duly completed (file number of the application form, the video link etc.). ATTACHMENT A must contain the links of the video recordings on the most easily accessible sharing platforms (eg YouTube) or on personal website of the candidate (exclusively in .avi or .mp4 format). The links must be activated for direct access and the document must be converted into PDF before being sent.
ATTACHMENT A must be sent no later than 27 August 2021 at 22.00 Italian time to the secretary of the Examination Commission of the chosen course: SCARICA CALENDARIO COLLOQUI
- for admission to the Propaedeutic course a THEORY TEST will be held by videoconference on ZOOM as communicated on the calendar below;
- it is possible to participate in more than one admission exam or to more admission tests for the same course at different academic levels: it is necessary to register for each of them by presenting the complete program for each exam; it is possible to reuse the same recordings or the same compositions for multiple examination programs if consistent with the requirements; written and extemporaneous tests must be fully carried out for each program;
- the theory test for TRIENNIO / bachelor or PROPEDEUTICO /Pre-college (Basic skills test program on music theory, history of music and piano for non-piano majors, called SECONDA PROVA) will be held SEPTEMBER 9-11, 2021 and will be reserved to students having successfully passed the 1st round and is MANDATORY for all candidates. Those who can provide certificates of exemption, will have the opportunity to present them to the jury who will evaluate those papers; those who will not have been exempted, must attend the tests;
- both the SECONDA PROVA (“Teoria e percezione musicale” test) of the PRE-COLLEGE Propaedeutic program or any the various parts of the TRIENNIO are mandatory, unless candidate hold certificates of possible exemption: each single jury will evaluate the exemption by examining all kind of information and certificates directly from the files that candidates will have uploaded during their application. Attention: given that these tests are part of the entire admission exam, the unjustified absence entails that the candidate was absent from the whole selection. Passing these tests is not binding in order to obtain enrollment in Propaedeutic or Triennio courses, but it allows the jury to clearly define the list of students to whom “academic debts” (relating to each of those disciplines) must be assigned;
- the Italian test (Sept. 13th) is mandatory for all international candidates who passed the admission exam, even for those who have obtained the B2 certificate of Italian language from an accredited institution: in fact the test does not consist in the verification of level B2 Italian language (which remains a specific requirement as stated by the didactic regulations) but is aimed at testing the ability of international students to read Italian texts on historic and theory subjects and their capacity to understand what they read, as well as the ability to hold a simple conversation on musical topics; candidates who do not pass this test will in any case be given the opportunity to enroll, according to the decisions of the department, nevertheless they will be required to follow specific courses to fill their Italian language gap and repeat the test within one year after enrollment.
For general information and on the admission programs, please contact the tutors
For administrative matters and application procedures only, please contact the students’ secretary: